Okinawa Sky WordPress Theme
1. Upload the theme folder into wp-content/themes/ directory.
2. Go to Your WordPress Dashboard and select Theme.
3. Select The Okinawa theme.
4. Upload the Twitter for Wordress,flickrRSS, and WP-Pagenavi plugin that are found in plugins folder into the wp-content/plugins directory.
5. Activate the plugins.
FEATURED POST SLIDESHOW
In order to make the slideshow work, you need to create a new post category named ‘Featured’ (case sensitive). Recent Post from this category will be appear in the slideshow.
The Okinawa Theme come with a admin options page so you can easily configure the theme from there.
1. Number of Featured-Posts Displayed on Slideshow
Configure how many post you want to display in the Featured Slideshow
1. Feedburner ID
This is where you can configure the Feedburner ?Email Subscription? Feature. You can change the username with your own feedburner username.
2. Twitter ID
Same like the Feedburner ID, u can put ur twitter.com username here, and your recent twitter message will appear on the theme.
3. Advertisement block
This is where you can configure the Top 468px and 125px Ads block on the sidebar. Enter the url of your ads image and target URL on this field
THUMBNAIL IMAGE CUSTOM FIELDS
There are two custom fields used for all post?s thumbnail images
Custom Fields Keys (CASE SENSITIVE):
1. ‘featured’ is used for all post in Featured category that will appear in slideshow.
2. ‘thumbnail’ for all other category thumbnails
In order to get thumbnail images to appear on the homepage, a custom field image needs to be added to each post. Towards the bottom of the post editor page in your WordPress dashboard is an Advanced Option called Custom Fields.
What you need to do is open that section up, and create a new key (listed above) as well as include the image source for each image you want to show. Remember, The images MUST BE ON YOUR OWN DOMAIN to make the thumbnail works.
Some important things to note regarding automatic image resizing:
The theme uses the TimThumb PHP script to automatically create and resize the thumbnail images, and in order for it to work properly you need to take note of the following things first:
– TimThumb requires the GD library, which is available on any host sever with PHP 4.3+ installed.
– The theme has a cache folder for the thumbnail images located at dramagacache which requires proper write permissions. If your host server doesn?t allow this by default, be sure to manually change the /cache/ folder permissions to 777 or 755.
– In addition, make sure the is set to 777.
– Use absolute paths for your images in the custom fields. for example http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/images.jpg