Falkner Press WordPress Theme
Make Sure have latest version of WordPress (2.7 and above)
1. Upload the theme folder into wp-content/themes/ directory.
2. Go to Your WordPress Dashboard and select Theme.
3. Select The Falkner Press theme.
4. Upload the Twitter for Wordress and the flickrRSS plugin that are found in plugins folder into the wp-content/plugins directory.
5. Activate the plugins.
Options PAGE Configuration
1. Featured Category Name
Type the category name you desired to be appear in the featured post slideshow. Recent Post from this category will be appear in th slideshow.
2.Asides Category Name
Type the category name you desired to be appear as asides category. Recent Post from this category will be appear in the sidebar updates.
Type the heading name for the asides category here.
This is where you can configure the Feedburner ?Email Subscription? Feature.
5. Twitter ID
Same like the Feedburner ID, u can put ur twitter.com username here, and your recent twitter message will appear on the theme.
6.Youtube Embed Code
Enter the code you get for embedding youtube video. In order to fit the video size to the theme. Change the width value to 250 and height to 190.
7. Banner Management
This is where you can configure all of the advertising block in the theme.
ABOUT THE SLIDESHOW AND THUMBNAIL
In order to get thumbnail images to appear on the homepage, a custom field image needs to be added to each post. Towards the bottom of the post editor page in your WordPress dashboard is an Advanced Option called Custom Fields.
What you need to do is open that section up, and create a new key as well as include the image source for each image you want to show.
There are two custom fields used for all post?s thumbnail images
Custom Fields Keys (CASE SENSITIVE):
1. ?featured? is use for all post in Featured category that will appear in slideshow.
2. ?thumbnail? for all other post category thumbnails
Remember, The images MUST BE ON YOUR OWN DOMAIN to make the thumbnail works.
Some important things to note regarding automatic image resizing:
The theme uses the TimThumb PHP script to automatically create and resize the thumbnail images, and in order for it to work properly you need to take note of the following things first:
* TimThumb requires the GD library, which is available on any host sever with PHP 4.3+ installed.
* The theme has a cache folder for the thumbnail images located at dramagacache which requires proper write permissions. If your host server doesn?t allow this by default, be sure to manually change the /cache/ folder permissions to 777 or 755.
* Use absolute paths for your images in the custom fields. for example http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/images.jpg
* If your Hosted your site in Hostgator and your image didn?t appear after following all the instruction. Try to contact hostgator, tell them the problem and ask them to get ur site whitelisted on the mod_security stuff. There?s a security function in hostgator that prevents the timthumb from working.